Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Teal Pumpkin Project

I usually blog about decorations, party decor, etc after the event takes place. Normally, I don't want to ruin the surprise for my friends. But I came across something on the Internet that I need to share. Have you heard
of the Teal Pumpkin Project? You might want to consider adding a teal colored pumpkin to your Halloween decorating. Why a teal colored pumpkin? It is the color of food allergy awareness. FARE - Food Allergy Research & Education is suggesting that to make Halloween safer for little trick-or-treaters perhaps families would be good enough to have a non-edible option too to distribute in addition to the usual candy fare. So many children today have allergies: nuts, soy, milk, sugar, and more. Should these children need to miss out on Trick-or-Treat experience? No, let's put out a teal pumpkin - letting parents know there is a non-food option at your house. Post a sign: http://www.foodallergy.org/document.doc?id=352 so that children know that your house will be safer for them.
For more information you can visit: http://www.foodallergy.org/teal-pumpkin-project 
What an amazing idea! I had to blog about this to help spread the word. Will you have a Teal Pumpkin out this Halloween? I will. I already purchased some Halloween sized containers of Play Doh.

No comments:

Post a Comment